Celebrating Eid al-Adha in Korea (Sambutan Raya Aidiladha di Korea)





Salam and Hello,

How time flies. It feels very recently I came to Korea and now, I am busy preparing my CV and resume to embark on my next trip into the working life. I can't believe it is already my last raya (eid) in Korea and I can't believe it took me almost four years for me to finally make a vlog about it. What was I doing all this while?

Raya in Korea might not be as festive as celebrating it back in Malaysia but, I can't deny that it has its own charm celebrating it in a foreign place, especially here in Korea. Back in Malaysia, we get excited at the thought of going back to our hometown to celebrate raya with our extended family. Here in Korea, our juniors, seniors, and other Malaysians are our extended family and it never fails to amaze me that wonderful feeling of them welcoming us every time.

Some might wonder, why did I make a vlog about Aidiladha and not Aidilfitri? Well, it'll be a bit disappointing to tell you that this year's Aidilfitri wasn't as festive as the past years'. We had to celebrate it in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic, the pile of assignments and also our mid-term exams. Yeah... it wasn't pretty. Fear not, we still managed to have a simple celebration among my batchmate here in Sungkyunkwan University. In fact, I might just include some pictures to show that indeed I at least managed to celebrate Aidilfitri this year.

Next year, eid will again be celebrated in Malaysia. I wonder how different it will feel? Well, I guess we just have wait and see.


Signing off.
This has been 하나.



 



No comments: